WHEN it comes to creating a beautiful setting, Christmas is the time of year to go all-out with festive cheer.
From table settings to dressing the tree and decorating the house, Christmas is an opportunity to inject colour, shine and celebration into the everyday.
With craft and creating handmade products seeing a huge rise in popularity amongst people keen to add their own personal touch to homes and gifts, it's also a great opportunity to get all the family involved.
Heidi Gill, Ferrero Rocher stylist and owner of Bespoke Balloonery is an expert in creating exquisite arrangements that really set the scene, whatever the occasion.
Heidi has provided her top ten exclusive tips to make this Christmas the most gorgeous yet, which combined with an exclusive Ferrero gift box, limited edition hampers or edible centerpiece, offers the perfect way to spread Christmas cheer amongst friends and family.
Heidi's Top Ten Christmas Styling Tips
1. Use edible items to create the ideal Christmas table setting
Place delicious red cherries and seasonal fruits such as peaches and nectarines in golden bowls and scatter Ferrero Rocher pralines around the table.
2. Create your own, oversized Christmas crackers for your festivities
Make the contents bespoke and fill with small goodies your guests love, such as chocolates for sweet lovers, a mini-sized beauty product for travellers or a small scented candle for home birds.
Finish the giant bon-bons with ribbon and bows, using offcuts for a bohemian feel or metallics for a luxe appearance.
Templates for giant crackers are easily available on craft blogs and sites such as Martha Stewart.
3. For unique, artistic and easy tablemats, take pieces of watercolour paper and drop splotches of ink on them, using a colour in keeping with the general scheme.
4. Bring the outside in and incorporate nature in your table settings: driftwood wrapped in fairy lights, pinecones sprayed gold, use foliage to tie napkins and shells to weight down floral arrangements.
5. To create an unusual table runner and encourage guests to get into the party spirit, make cone party hats out of gold card, with fabric pom poms on top and fringing along the bottom.
Line the hats down the centre of the table as a multipurpose decoration that can be removed worn as food is laid out.
6. Take your table setting to the next level and invest in a centrepiece like the Spectacular Rocher Pyramid.
This will not only look dramatic but guests will be able to snack on decorations at the end of the meal.
7. Source smooth beach pebbles in various sizes and spray gold before adding a neat line of tape and spraying a second contrasting colour.
Once dry, remove tape and use the resulting stone to hold down napkins or as a place marker.
8. Source a branch and drape over tissue paper that has been fringed with fringing scissors.
Add to the textures by tying long ribbons to the branch and hang above the table or lay across a mantelpiece.
9. Take strings of LED lights and wind between scattered Ferrero Rocher, this gives animation and magic to a table and encourages people to reach in and help themselves.
10. Simple can be beautiful, consider the impact of a single twig hung with just one, special decoration.
What a view! This unit has everything you could possibly need and much more with a price tag that won't break the bank. This centrally located, beautiful north...
Located in one of Buderim's most beloved streets, this tightly held home is being offered to the market for the first time in three decades, and provides a rare...
Positioned on a well established fenced 786 m2 block, is this newly renovated home, complete with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a modern kitchen, alfresco...
Opportunity to buy into a dress circle street with prestige waterfront homes, without being a millionaire! This delightful lowset home in blue chip Chelsea...
With our owner overseas bound, you'll never find a better time to pick up this blue-chip Buderim beauty. Centrally located between Buderim village and the Buderim...
Here is a home to warm the heart on a huge 1012m2 block in the quaint and up and coming township of Woombye. The home is perfectly positioned in walking distance...
Looking for a home in Alex Heads just a short walk to the beach? Plenty of parking? Looking for a home with plenty of space? How about a home that has a large...
Located in a quiet culdesac , this immaculately presented home is a must to inspect! Comprising of 3 good size bedrooms, the air conditioned master bedroom...
Don't miss your chance to own your own home.The owner has moved on and just wants this property sold! Live the holiday lifestyle as you are close to the river and...
Quick features: 800m2 corner block with side access, room for a pool, single level, close to popular schools, room to add value, neat and tidy, ensuited, outdoor...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.