OPINION: Just because you're a little better at something then someone else doesn't mean you have to do a song and dance about it.
Unless you're a Queenslander that is.
It's not enough that you lot have defeated New South Wales in the State of Origin for the last seven years in a row, oh no.
Now you want to make a musical about it.
State of Origin: The Musical, to be exact.
That is the brainchild of former Courier-Mail journalist and author Hugh Lunn.
Bet the Maroon morons weren't so keen for a musical when the Blues won the title of top state three years in a row last decade.
Or when Joey Johns helped the Blues win the trophy against the odds in 2005.
Now that bunch of cheating chumps are dominating, it's all bright lights and glitter, isn't it?
Cameron Smith is probably already interviewing candidates to play his leading role (the question is, can they find someone who whinges and whines as much and as well as he does?)
Then they have to find a buffoon to play the video ref - a comic role in which he gets every single call hilariously wrong.
Especially if it's a try involving Greg Inglis.
I grew up in Newcastle in New South Wales.
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Blues supporter.
It doesn't matter how many series they lose, or how many years I live in Queensland, I always will be.
Am I a bit bitter, you might ask?
A bit upset by what has transpired over the past seven years?
Of course I bloody am.
Queensland has been robbing us blind for years.
Robbing us of players that are rightfully ours.
Robbing us of games we could and should have won.
And they are so smug
Pretending they are the only ones with the passion, the pride.
I can just imagine what some of the musical numbers might be.
I'm Thirstin' for Thurston...
All Week I've got Thaiday on My Mind...
It disgusts me.
Origin great Wally Lewis was on the radio talking up the proposed musical.
He said it should be called NSW: Les Miserables.
You're hilarious, Wally.
Don't give up your day job, okay?
Anyway, next year it will all be different.
The Queensland players looked a little bit worse for wear last year.
Really guys. If I were you, I would be worried.
The malignant Maroons are on their way out.
The Blues are on the rise.
Okay, yes I've been saying that for years now, but it's got to be true sometime, right?
Quick features: Corner block with side access and garden shed, split level home, double garage with ample storage and separate toilet, neat and tidy original...
- This property represents an amazing opportunity to secure a waterfront lifestyle - 972sqm vacant deepwater block with a large 22m north facing canal frontage ...
Open This Saturday from 10:30am - AUCTION at 11:00am Welcome to 113 Wilson Road, your very own private sanctuary of calm. Located only minutes to the Sunshine...
- Tough decision made, owners say sell creating an amazing opportunity - Immaculately presented home, 3 large bedrooms & 2 bathrooms - Quality brick & tile build...
- Stunning apartment in one of the Coasts premium residential complex - 2 generous size bedrooms with master featuring quadruple robe & ensuite - Open plan design...
- Serious sellers are moving on, secure a piece of Sunshine Coast paradise - Presents as new, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms & generous home office - Extensive array of...
This stunning almost 13 acre property is nestled in the picturesque Noosa hinterland and has the benefit of only being 3km from the township of Eumundi famous for...
- 4 Bedrooms with dual living potential - Positioned on a more than generous 680sqm block - Side access for the van or boat - Tandem car accommodation with...
It's time to act, work forces owners to relocate. Here's your chance to secure your dream home, this is the complete package! Space, privacy, size, pool, location;...
Located within the prestige Nyes Crescent this is the perfect block to build your dream home...with nearly 1/4 of an acre of flat vacant land and stunning ocean...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.