One of our young ladies who started her career at Caboolture Indoor Sports is well on her way to achieving great things in female cricket.
We had 9 juniors participating in the National Indoor Championships and Emily Vallance who is in Year 11 at Tullawong State High School is 15 years old but has just been selected in the 2017 Under 21 Australian Indoor Cricket Team.
The World Cup will be held in Dubai from 16 to 23 September and will feature teams from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, England, Sri Lanka, India, Singapore, Malaysia and the UAE.
Emily is currently ranked 1st in Australia for Under 17 and 2nd in Australia for Under 21 in Indoor Cricket.
Her achievements at the recent indoor nationals playing in both U17 and U21 teams included:
• Selection Under 21 Australian Team
• 2017 Indoor Cricket Championships U17 Player of the Series
• 2017 Indoor Cricket Championships U17 Player of the Grand Final
• She was chosen by her fellow players and awarded Player's Player
• In January this year she was part of the Queensland U15 side that travelled to Canberra and has also trained at the Australian Institute of Sport
• She is currently part of the U18 Outdoor Queensland Development Squad t
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.