Menu
Entertainment

Bachelor contestant charged with selling ice and cocaine

Tripios is pictured here in August 2016. Picture: Splash News Australia
Tripios is pictured here in August 2016. Picture: Splash News Australia

REALITY television star Georgia Tripos has reportedly been charged with running a drug syndicate with her friend.
According to 9 News, the 25-year-old - who appeared on the most recent season of The Bachelor with Richie Strahan - was arrested Wednesday, along with her friend Kristiana Karakostas.

Police are accusing the pair, who work together at a Melbourne real estate agency, of running a syndicate to traffic amphetamine (ice) and cocaine and selling them on Craigslist.

Ms Tripos has been granted bail to live with her mother and stepfather in North Balwyn, in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, and is due to face court on July 7.

While police refused to confirm the story, they released a statement detailing the arrest of two women who were allegedly found "with a large quantity of drugs" in Melbourne's southeast on Wednesday afternoon.

"Both were charged with traffic cocaine, traffic commercial quantity of amphetamine, possess money being proceeds of crime, possess cocaine and possess amphetamine," the statement read.

Channel Ten declined to comment when contacted by news.com.au.

Shopping time

A post shared by Georgia Tripos (@_georgiatripos) on

The former TV star had made headlines again recently after posting images on Instagram sporting significantly fuller lips.

Tripos infamously went rogue during a back seat rant after getting booted from The Bachelor last year, taking aim at the show's producers.

She says producers lied to her about the cameras being off during her post-eviction exit drive and also threatened her if she didn't "b**ch" about other girls.

"Who the f*** are they? Like ..." Ms Tripos huffed in the back of the car after she didn't receive a rose from Richie Strahan.

"They all look like f***ing skanks," she spat, referring to the three intruders who were picked over her.

Later, she claimed to news.com.au she'd only vented her frustration because she was told the cameras were off.

"Firstly I was told by producers off air (the cameras were off) so I was kind of venting my frustrations of the day, but deep down I knew it was time for me to go," she told news.com.au, with Warner. Bros later refuting the claims.

"I was told that the camera was off and (a producer asked), 'Tell me how you really feel?' And I just had a bit of a moment of frustration.

"I was told we were done filming. That was quite a shock seeing it on national TV. Mum was mortified. We were having a laugh about it ... (but) at the end of the day, I still said it."

Topics:  crime drugs editors picks melbourne the bachelor australia

News Corp Australia

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Footy dad: I can hold my head high

Geoffrey Whittaker says it's 'awesome' to see justice served after enduring a trial this week. He was found not guilty of assault.

'I'm glad I'm not the one that looks like the idiot any more'

Footy fight: Coach accused of spiteful, 'vicious' act

Geoffrey James Whittaker, who has pleaded not guilty to assault charges at a football carnival.

'Sometimes it's appropriate to defend oneself by striking first'

Dad 'head-butted' footy coach during kids' rugby carnival

Geoffrey Whittaker has pleaded not guilty two assault charges. The offences are alleged to have occurred during a children's football carnival in 2016.

Geoffrey James Whittaker pleads not guilty to two assault charges

Local Partners