SCHOOLIES Week will soon be here.
This is an exciting time for school leavers and a nervous time for parents.
While schoolies on the Sunshine Coast is a much more relaxed and laid-back time, the Gold Coast is a completely different scene with plans under way to cater for about 25,000 school leavers.
Most school leavers would by now have high expectations for their Schoolies Week following a one to two- year build-up to the event.
The downside of schoolies is well covered in the media every year;.
However, parents need not worry.
By following a few tips, the class of 2015 can hopefully have an enjoyable Schoolies Week that they'll remember fondly for years to come.
What can you do?
- Start following SchooliesGC now on Facebook and keep following during Schoolies Week to keep in the loop.
- Stay in touch with family during the week
- No matter where you go - respect the community
- Think before you post - be mindful of what you and your friends are sharing on social media. A photo could ruin your future
- Remember alcohol and drugs laws will be strictly enforced
- Don't drink and drive
- Don't swim if you have been drinking alcohol
- It's okay to walk away from confrontation
- Know and stick to your house rules. Understand your obligations and what activities could incur liability or eviction.
- Don't skylark on balconies or face immediate eviction (all tenants) with no refund.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.