Menu
Entertainment

Khloe Kardashian won't be prosecuted over fireworks

KHLOE Kardashian and Kris Jenner will not be prosecuted over a massive fireworks display they staged last month.

The 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' stars were investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department over a 15-minute display they set off on a yacht in the early hours of August 26 and though the department recommended to the LA County District Attorney there should be a misdemeanour charge of disturbing the peace, the authority rejected the suggestion because the family had "passive permission", TMZ reports.

The Coast Guard had advised the Sheriff's Department that Kris' production company would be staging the fireworks display at the party - which was held to celebrate Khloe's boyfriend James Harden's birthday - but didn't need a permit as the boat was outside the marina.

However, angry local residents wanted them to be reprimanded for violating noise ordinances.

It is believed 12 residents of Marina del Rey, California, are still planning to press on with a small claims court case, arguing the fireworks display caused emotional distress.

One resident said her child "freaked out", while another claimed her multiple sclerosis had worsened since the spectacle.

Each resident is suing for $7,500 - which is the maximum amount that can be claimed in a small claims court - and want to come face-to-face with Khloe and Kris.

Khloe hosted a bash for 200 guests aboard the Fantasea yacht to mark James' 26th birthday.

Guests included her sister Kim Kardashian West and her husband Kanye, Kris and boyfriend Corey Gamble, Tyga, and Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Topics:  fireworks khloe kardashian prosecution


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Footy dad: I can hold my head high

Geoffrey Whittaker says it's 'awesome' to see justice served after enduring a trial this week. He was found not guilty of assault.

'I'm glad I'm not the one that looks like the idiot any more'

Footy fight: Coach accused of spiteful, 'vicious' act

Geoffrey James Whittaker, who has pleaded not guilty to assault charges at a football carnival.

'Sometimes it's appropriate to defend oneself by striking first'

Dad 'head-butted' footy coach during kids' rugby carnival

Geoffrey Whittaker has pleaded not guilty two assault charges. The offences are alleged to have occurred during a children's football carnival in 2016.

Geoffrey James Whittaker pleads not guilty to two assault charges

Local Partners