A MAN has been arrested and charged by NSW Police, after his car was tracked south by Queensland Police helicopters on Saturday night.
Police from Tweed/Byron Local Area Command were alerted by Qld Police that a man they were following was about to enter NSW.
The vehicle crossed the border about 8.50pm and a pursuit was initiated when the driver allegedly failed to stop when directed.
The 27-year-old man was arrested and taken to Tweed Heads Police Station where he was charged with 12 offences:
- Police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously (two counts)
- Police pursuit - not stop - drive recklessly (two counts)
- Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous (two counts)
- Drive motor vehicle while licence suspended (four counts)
- Warrant (Stalk/intimidate intend fear of physical/mental harm)
- Warrant (breach bail).
He is due to appear in Tweed Heads Local Court today.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.