A MAN has been airlifted to hospital after going into shock suffering multiple wasp stings while working on his property.
The man, aged in his late 60s, was stung by a swarm of wasps when he was inspecting a solar pump on his Leyburn property.
RACQ LifeFlight reported the man had opened the lid on the solar pump when the wasps flew out and stung the man "numerous times".
He went into anaphylactic shock as a result.
Queensland Ambulance crews were first on scene and stabilised the man before the rescue helicopter was called.
He was airlifted to Toowoomba Hospital in a stable condition.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.