Man taken to hospital after battery mishap

A 25-YEAR-OLD man is being treated for gas inhalation following an incident at the Baby Bunting store at Booval.

Police say a forklift battery emitted sulphuric acid at the baby goods store about 2pm this afternoon, causing an adverse reaction for the young man.

The building was evacuated and firefighters called in to conduct atmospheric monitoring.

Meanwhile, paramedics attended to check on the man who inhaled the gas.

He has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor gas inhalation.

Firefighters have since made the scene safe and left it with police and Workplace Health and Safety.

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Footy dad: I can hold my head high

Geoffrey Whittaker says it's 'awesome' to see justice served after enduring a trial this week. He was found not guilty of assault.

'I'm glad I'm not the one that looks like the idiot any more'

Footy fight: Coach accused of spiteful, 'vicious' act

Geoffrey James Whittaker, who has pleaded not guilty to assault charges at a football carnival.

'Sometimes it's appropriate to defend oneself by striking first'

Dad 'head-butted' footy coach during kids' rugby carnival

Geoffrey Whittaker has pleaded not guilty two assault charges. The offences are alleged to have occurred during a children's football carnival in 2016.

Geoffrey James Whittaker pleads not guilty to two assault charges

Local Partners