Woman burns down house trying to kill bed bugs

Three people have been injured and 10 have been left homeless after a US woman accidentally set fire to a multi-family home while trying to kill bed bugs.

The woman was reportedly attempting to kill the bugs using rubbing alcohol while she was near a flame, which then started the fire around midnight on Friday in Cincinnati, police said.

The fire heavily damaged the five-unit building and sent three people to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The Red Cross are helping to find housing for three teenagers and seven adults who have been left homeless.

"My House caught fire n got burned down - all my stuff is gone maaaaaan," former resident Kamaron Lyshe wrote on Facebook, alongside a video of the burning building.





Topics:  bed bugs bugs offbeat pest

Council mergers: Did they actually save us money?

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie confronts protesters against council amalgamation outside the shire council in Barcaldine.

A decade on from council mergers, was the pain worth it?

Janita's youth mental health movement

With one phone call, Janita Cooper helped pave the way to better youth mental health.

One phone call that paved the way to better youth mental health

Police hunt suspects after fire bombing

A group of men threw a petrol bomb through the window of a Caboolture house last night. Picture: FILE

Police hunt group of men after Caboolture petrol bombing

Local Partners